Friday, April 10, 2009

God on Good Friday

As I reflect on the meaning of today in the context of my faith, what happened about 2000 years ago as God incarnate walked the earth and suffered for humanity in a way humanity could not suffer for itself. two thoughts cross my mind that I will reflect on throughout the day as I go about my business:

Jesus could not have suffered so much for us without the support of the other members of the Trinity.

Jesus would not have suffered so much if He were not separated on the Cross from the other members of the Trinity.

Without the full love and support within the Triune Godhead, I do not see an incarnate Jesus coming down and dying on the Cross.

Without the full love and support within the Triune Godhead, I do not see the suffering and sacrifice sufficent to atone for our sins that the separation of the Cross caused for Jesus. The sacrifice would not have had the meaning it did, if not for the loss He suffered in making it.

This great suffering was the doorway into His greatest triumph, He travelled through it alone to reunite within the lov eof the Trinity.

No comments:

Post a Comment